Clearwater River Watershed District
Board of Managers Meeting
May 9, 2007 - 7:00pm
Annandale Middle School, Annandale, MN
Manager Brunsell called the regular meeting to order at 7:00pm.
Managerís Bob Schiefelbein, Jerry Risberg, Mark Kampa, and Marv Brunsell were present. Manager Loewen was absent. Others in attendance were Merle Anderson, Kelly Bergesch, Maggie Leach, Norm Wenck, Wright County Commissioner Karla Heeter, Dave Wagner, and Jerry Carter.
Motion #07-05-1: Kampa, seconded by Risberg, made a motion to adopt the agenda. All Managers voted aye.
Motion #07-05-2: Kampa, seconded by Schiefelbein, made a motion to approve the Consent Agenda. All Managers voted aye.
Motion #07-05-3: Schiefelbein, seconded by Risberg, to pay bills. All Managers voted aye. Disbursements
Dave Wagner, Cedar Lake resident, requested and was presented information on the distances from Cedar Lake and Clearwater Lake to the proposed gravel mining and asphalt plant on the John Dearing property.
Dave also asked if there was information available that would indicate whether or not such an activity would have positive, negative, or neutral affect on the nearby lakes? No one present was aware of this information.
Motion #07-05-4: Risberg, seconded by Kampa, made a motion to submit a letter to the Wright County Planning Commission, indicating that the CRWD managers concur with the Corinna Township Board decision to recommend denial of a permit request for gravel mining and asphalt plant installation on the John Dearing property. A map indicating distances to Cedar and Clearwater Lakes is to be attached. All Managers voted aye.
Engineer Norm Wenck and Administrator Anderson provided the following status update of Project 06-1:
1. Two fish barriers have been installed.
2. One round of monitoring has been completed and the results will be placed on the CRWD website.
3. Commercial fisherman Ken Seeman has placed nets in Swartout Lake.
4. One alfalfa buffer has been installed, another alfalfa buffer is proposed, as well as soybean stubble buffers on a number of properties are planned for this fall.
Dave Wagner left the meeting at 7:45pm.
Engineer Norm Wenck presented the 2007 Annual Inspection Report.
Wright County Commissioner Karla Heeter left the meeting at 8:00pm.
Motion #07-05-5: Kampa, seconded by Risberg, made a motion to authorize annual maintenance of the 1980 Project at a cost of $16,500 and repair to Hidden River sewer system at a cost of $2,000. All Managers voted aye.
Kelly Bergesch left the meeting at 8:30pm.
Administrator Anderson will include Policy 2007, 3 and 4, as well as brochure review on the next Work Session Agenda.
Jerry Carter reviewed the website renovation and pull-downs were agreed upon.
Engineer Norm Wenck presented a $20,000 cost estimate for installation of a v-notch weir on County Ditch 44 south of Clear Lake.
Engineer Norm Wenck reviewed the flow data for Hidden River, Clearwater Harbor, and Restawhile Shores Sewer Systems.
Administrator Anderson reviewed the following:
1. The June 2007 Advisory Committee Meeting will include a tour of the CRWD.
2. The need for Manager Schiefelbein to assist with a feedlot repair in the Project 06-1 area.
3. Clear Lake Property Owners report the removal of 1,000 pounds of bullheads and treatment of 138 acres of curly leaf pondweed on Clear Lake.
4. Distributed shoreland brochure.
5. Lake Augusta erosion control structure maintenance will include the cleaning of grates at the sediment boxes, rocks will be removed from the channel below the outlet of the structure, two feet of sediment will be removed from the sed basin, and the riser will be grouted. These activities are included in the earlier maintenance actions taken at this meeting.
Manager Risberg presented water level readings at the Grass Lake Dam.
Manager Kampa is working on a winch to pull bogs at the Grass Lake Dam.
Motion #07-05-6: Schiefelbein, seconded by Kampa, made a motion to adjourn. All Managers voted aye.
THESE MINUTES ARE AVAILABLE AT:www.crwd.org CRWD AUDIT REPORTS ARE AVAILABLE AT THE ANNANDALE PUBLIC LIBRARY
Manager, Marvin Brunsell
Secretary, Mark Kampa