Clearwater River Watershed District
Board of Managers Meeting
March 13, 2008 - 7:00PM
Annandale Middle School, Annandale, MN
Manager Brunsell called the regular meeting to order at 7:00pm.
Manager’s Bob Schiefelbein, Mark Kampa, Marvin Brunsell, Jerry Risberg, and Dennis Loewen were present. Others in attendance were Norm Wenck, Administrator Merle Anderson, Meeker County Commissioner Wally Strand, MPCA Staff Maggie Leach, Kevin Kolstad, and Carter Diers.
Motion #08-03-1: Loewen, seconded by Kampa, made a motion to adopt the agenda. All Managers voted aye.
Motion #08-03-2: Schiefelbein, seconded by Risberg, made a motion to approve the Consent Agenda. All Managers voted aye.
Motion #08-03-3: Kampa, seconded by Risberg, made a motion to pay bills.All Managers voted aye. - Disbursements
Engineer Norm Wenck reviewed the March 5, 2008 Memorandum regarding comments on the proposed Lake Louisa Hills 2nd Addition Stormwater Management and Erosion Control Plan and the draft development agreement. His comments have been forwarded to Stephen Hartley, EOR and Jennifer Buckentine, Stearns County Environmental Services.
Motion #08-03-4: Loewen, seconded by Kampa, made a motion to resume seining of Swartout Lake during the winter of 2008-2009. All Managers voted aye.
Motion #08-03-5: Risberg, seconded by Kampa, made a motion to authorize construction and installation of a fish barrier at the inlet of Segner Ponds and another fish barrier east of Wright County Highway #6 just prior to the inlet of Swartout Lake from Henshaw Lake. All Managers voted aye.
Engineer Norm Wenck distributed wastewater flows data.
Administrator Anderson distributed and reviewed a draft copy of Meeker County Ditch #20 North Drainage System Repair Policy. This draft includes comments received. It will now be reviewed with owners of the system.
Manager Kampa reviewed the most recent Wright County Northwest Quadrant Comprehensive Plan meeting that emphasized preservation of agricultural land, promotion of development near or adjacent to cities, and the importance of recreation opportunities.
Administrator Anderson announced that draft Independent Contractor Agreements were available for manager review.
Motion #08-03-6: Kampa, seconded by Schiefelbein, made a motion to authorize storage and work area rental agreement. All Managers voted aye.
Managers Brunsell, Schiefelbein, Loewen, Kampa, and Risberg signed a new Annandale State Bank signature card and associated documents.
Administrator Anderson explained information regarding the following:
1. Concern regarding the need for wild parsnip control or eradication.
2. Segner Ponds spoil removal conditional use permit authorized by Wright County.
3. This week’s readings of oxygen levels were 3.4 in Henshaw Lake and 2.0 in Clear Lake.
4. The City of Annandale stormwater permit during construction of wastewater treatment system infrastructure.
5. Board of Water and Soil Resources (BWSR) demographic information regarding watershed district managers.
6. BWSR greater Minnesota watershed district performance standards.
7. BWSR 2007 Annual Report.
8. BWSR draft letter to county boards regarding the importance of appointments of watershed district managers.
9. Clear Lake property owners have received a $20,000 grant from the Department of Natural Resources (DNR) to help pay for 137 acres of Curly Leaf Pondweed in 2008 on Clear Lake.
10. Receipt of DNR fish barrier permit.
11. Official rough fish removal results from Swartout Lake: first pull 42,740 lbs; second pull 15,640 lbs.
Maggie Leach, Minnesota Pollution Control Agency, reviewed the status of the Total Maximum Daily Load Phase II Addendum funding. Maggie will also provide this information electronically to the District.
Motion #08-03-7: Kampa, seconded by Risberg, made a motion to adjourn.
All Managers voted aye.
THESE MINUTES ARE AVAILABLE AT:www.crwd.org CRWD AUDIT REPORTS ARE AVAILABLE AT THE ANNANDALE PUBLIC LIBRARY
Manager, Marvin Brunsell
Secretary, Mark Kampa