Clearwater River Watershed District
Work Session - Kimball City Hall
June 23, 2010 - 7:00pm
Manager Brunsell called the CRWD Work Session to order at 7:00pm. Managerís Brunsell, Kampa, Froyen, Risberg, and Schiefelbein were present. Also in attendance were Kimball Mayor Tami Konz, Auditor Jeff Burkhardt, Cole Loewen, Assistant Administrator Loewen and Administrator Anderson.
Motion #WS10-06-1: Motion Risberg, seconded by Kampa to adopt the Agenda. All Managers voted aye.
Auditor Burkhardt distributed and reviewed the 2009 CRWD Audit Report.
Motion #WS-10-06-2: Motion Froyen, seconded by Risberg to congratulate Dennis and Cole Loewen for their work on the CRWD financial report and audit. All Managers voted aye.
Motion #WS-10-06-3: Motion Kampa, seconded by Schiefelbein to receive the 2009 CRWD Audit Report. All Managers voted aye.
Auditor Burkhardt left the meeting at 7:45pm.
Motion #WS-10-06-4: Motion Schiefelbein, seconded by Risberg to pay bills. All Managers voted aye.
Assistant Administrator Loewen reported on the following:
1. The CRWD Wastewater Task Force will give their report at the July 14, 2010 regular CRWD meeting.
2. Receipt of $2,000 from Lake Louisa Hills Development.
3. Distributed Watershed Manager Handbooks.
4. Distributed conflict of interest information.
5. Explained Tim Vergin waterway situation.
Motion #WS-10-06-5: Motion Froyen, seconded by Kampa to authorize an addition $1,500 to correct damage from current heavy rains on the Tim Vergin waterway. All Managers voted aye.
Mayor Konz left the meeting at 8:20pm.
Assistant Administrator Loewen discussed the following:
1. Sweeps on the Hidden River Sewer System need to be changed.
2. Hidden River and Clearwater Harbor Sewer Systems need telemetry upgrades to read daily flow.
3. Noted that protection of unimpaired waters grants are available.
Motion #WS-10-06-6: Motion Risberg, seconded by Froyen to inquire about protection of unimpaired waters grants. All Managers voted aye.
Motion #WS-10-06-7: Motion Risberg, seconded by Schiefelbein to compensate Manager Kampa for electrical advice provided for CRWD sewer systems. Managerís Risberg, Schiefelbein, Froyen, and Brunsell voted aye. Manager Kampa abstained. The motion carried.
Assistant Administrator Loewen continued:
1. Conservation Corps MN Work Plan for the Clearwater River is being developed.
2. Distributed Stearns County Soil & Water Conservation District Annual Report and 60th Anniversary announcement.
3. Met with Meeker County Sentence-to-Serve Staff regarding the cleanout of ports at the Kingston Wetland.
4. Announced upcoming Clear Lake Property Owners Meeting.
5. Announced that the secchi disk can be viewed all the way to the bottom of Swartout Lake.
Manager Kampa was advised to contact the Department of Natural Resources regarding a tree that needs to be removed at the bridge between Lake Augusta and Clearwater Lake.
Manager Froyen appreciated having Attorney Stan Weinberger in attendance at the June 9th CRWD regular meeting.
Manager Brunsell encouraged the Board to seek funding to protect unimpaired waters in the CRWD.
Motion #WS-10-06-8: Motion Schiefelbein, seconded by Kampa to adjourn the meeting. All Managers voted aye.
CRWD AUDIT REPORTS ARE AVAILABLE AT THE ANNANDALE PUBLIC LIBRARY.
Board Chairman, Marvin Brunsell Secretary, Mark Kampa