Clearwater River Watershed District
Board of Managers Meeting
March 9, 2011 - 7:00PM
Annandale Middle School, Annandale, MN
Board Chairman Brunsell called the regular meeting to order at 7:00pm. Manager’s Bob Schiefelbein, Roland Froyen, Marvin Brunsell, and Jerry Risberg were present. Manager Mark Kampa and Administrator Anderson were absent. Others in attendance were Wright County Commissioner Rose Thelen, Engineer Norm Wenck, Joe Jacobs, Cole Loewen, and Assistant Administrator Dennis Loewen.
Motion #11-03-1: Schiefelbein, seconded by Risberg, made a motion to adopt the Agenda after including Scotty Wylie’s erosion control project and Assistant Administrator’s Report from Old Business to the Financial Report portion of the Agenda. All Managers voted aye.
Motion #11-03-2: Froyen, seconded by Risberg, made a motion to adopt the Consent Agenda. All Managers voted aye.
Assistant Administrator Loewen presented the Financial Report.
Motion #11-03-3: Risberg, seconded by Schiefelbein, made a motion to pay bills. All Managers voted aye. - Disbursements
Engineer Wenck reviewed the Lake Augusta West Channel Cleanout progress. He indicated that additional riprap is needed at the erosion control basin outlet at an additional cost of $1,560.
Motion #11-03-4: Schiefelbein, seconded by Risberg made a motion to approve $1,560 worth of riprap to be installed in the Lake Augusta West Channel at the outlet of the erosion control basin outlet. All Managers voted aye.
Assistant Administrator Loewen reviewed the following:
1. Sherburne County Attorney is in the process of modifying the contract between Sherburne County and the CRWD as it relates to the Upper Mississippi River/Saint Cloud Watershed Project.
2. Stearns County has modified the monitoring requirements for the Wandering Ponds Estates wastewater treatment system permit.
3. Distributed the CRWD Field Buffer Incentive Program brochure. Comfort Lake/Forest Lake Watershed District is interested in using the CRWD program as a basis for their incentive program.
4. Reviewed the Kingston Wetland Project contract, including the monitoring plan.
5. Reminded the Managers of the April 9, 2011 Annandale Expo.
6. Request for additional funding by Scotty Wylie.
Engineer Wenck reviewed the results of the Fertilizer Field Trial Program.
Motion #11-03-5: Froyen, seconded by Schiefelbein, made a motion to authorize Wenck Associates, Inc. to prepare a draft report on the results of the Fertilizer Field Trial Program. All Managers voted aye.
Assistant Administrator Loewen indicated that Manager Kampa had inquired whether or not bog removal activities could take place on the aeration easement area. Loewen stated that he does not feel that the easement will allow such activity.
Assistant Administrator Loewen reviewed a meeting held by the City of Annandale where an explanation was given regarding the city’s plans for the former wastewater treatment site.
Manager Froyen requested that Citizenship Dinner plans, septic system monitoring, and independent contractor’s contracts be included on the March 23, 2011 CRWD Work Session Agenda.
Manager Risberg requested that pictures of lakeshore restoration be included in the booth at the Annandale Expo.
Motion #11-03-6: Schiefelbein, seconded by Risberg, made a motion to adjourn. All Managers voted aye.
THESE MINUTES ARE AVAILABLE AT:www.crwd.org
Board Chairman, Marvin Brunsell
Secretary, Mark Kampa